Wednesday, May 2, 2012

On the Road to Possibility

Something you might not know about me is that I am a bit of a motivation junkie. I read and listen, I collect motivational quotes and click 'like' a thousand times a day on motivational shared Facebook wall pics. Beyond the words scattered on the walls of my house I have taken them to work as well. In my office I have the words "Dwell in Possibilities" plastered just above my computer. (Some days I dwell in the thought that there is a lake where those words are) It is my goal to look for 'possibility' everywhere I go.

I am a firm believer that the greatest thing you can possess is a strong positive attitude, I also know that it is also one of the very hardest things to maintain. That's where the motivational collecting comes in. The more inspiration I soak in the easier it becomes to maintain that positive attitude. Books, blogs, friends and motivational talks all boost my Hell Ya reflex. I'm not going to sugar coat it, the last couple  of months have been a bit of a struggle to keep the positivity gas tank full. When that happens I loose my abilities; the ability to be patient with my kids, the ability to parent constructively and cleverly, productivity slides, boredom rises, intolerance breeds and life starts looking like we're all heading out for a family picnic in a hurricane. We're going but it does look good.

I do not like picnics or hurricanes and will do everything in my power to avoid both. That power at the moment has come from turning off my radio. Sorry drive time - I love your banter but I need more than the latest Usher song that IMHO should not be played between 7am and 7am. (but that's a sexual reference and demoralization of young women topic for another post) I've replaced my commute music with motivational Success Audio! For 45 minutes every day now I am riding around in my glory, you could probably rear end my van and steal all my tires when I stop to inspect the damage and I would still wish you a great day with a smile. Motivational speaking does that to me.

I am motivated!

What does it mean in the grand scheme. It means this; I am finding possibility and reclaiming my abilities.

It also means that I have no clue what is going on in the world, I am devoid of celebrity gossip and hourly news, I don't know what the top ten is anymore or what traffic snarls might be laying in my path. It also means that I'm not worried about it. Those parts of life are going to occur and carry on with or without my attention to them. The results of the motivational shift leave me with more energy to devote to changing the things within my arm span, hopefully with enough positive energy that when those things and people leave that span they take that energy with them and we cause a ripple. My positive energy becomes their positive energy, their's rubs off on the next person and their's the next.

Gratitude today for motivation and possibility.

What are you going to do today to recharge your positivity ripple?

Michelle