Monday, May 14, 2012

Eating Frogs

I've been talking about frogs quiet a bit, eating them mostly. It is a reference to Mark Twain's quote...

“Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.”
―    Mark Twain

I have a similar line that I use with my kids... "Eat your brussel sprouts first!"

Basically, I just want to find a way to encourage us to get all the gross things we would like to put off, out of the way. Any time I am faced with a list of chores, duties or obligations, I look at it decided what is the very last thing I want to do...then I do that first.

My kids despise me for it, for encouraging them to get the homework done before the road hockey game or eat their dinner before dessert. (ok most times I serve the frogs)

This is my biggest frog right now...



...and I am eating it.

Twain was right (and kids your mom is right too) once you have eaten that frog, or gotten the brussel sprouts out of the way, the rest is gravy and peach cobbler!

Gratitude that some days I only have one or two frogs to contend with!

What is your frog today?



Hope, Gratitude and Smiles are meant to be shared, go make someones day.

Michelle