Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Would You Recognize One if it Didn't Bite You in the Butt?

Some days are just lovely! I don't mean that in a sarcastic "you'll never believe the crap I've had to deal with today." sort of way. I mean it in the genuine sense. It really has been a lovely day.

I woke up on time and feeling well, I enjoyed morning coffee with Michael and breakfast with my son. Morning traffic was easy to navigate as was the non-existent line at the coffee shop. My morning at the office was productive and unhindered. I enjoyed my home packed lunch and some fine company in the office this afternoon. The sun was shining all day and I turned off the A/C in the van on my drive home, rolled down the window and enjoyed the warm summer breeze. (I turned the radio up a little too, just for some old school flavour) At home, I found my family well and civil to one another, the house not completely trashed by summer vacation frivolity. Supper is finished, the kitchen is clean, my stomach is full and my mind is quiet. The kids are enjoying the company of their Friends, cousins and boyfriends. Michael is letting the air out of his tires with some guy time and I am enjoying some think time.

Looking back over the day, there was not a single event that stands out as fabulous. Just a simple chain of not bad things. Which is pretty great! It has me reflecting too, that a day strung together with an equal number of roadblocks would be more talked about.

So many times I find myself saying to people..."bad days help us recognise the good ones." but then I wonder...When the good ones come along do we recognise them?

Gratitude that today was a good day.

Spend some moment everyday in reflection of gratitude and happiness. Even if the time found is standing in line for coffee...use is wisely.


Michelle


Did this post brighten your day? make you smile? If so I'd be ever so grateful if you shared it on Facebook or Twitter. Someone else might be in need of a smile - Thanks!