Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wednesday's Example of Domestic Bliss #8

A mad hunt for the elusive yesterday. Scotch Tape! I wonder if I'm the only one????

I buy Scotch tape in packs of 3, always with the 'bonus' roll if I can find it. (Can't beat a bonus right?) At Christmas I buy 3 or 4 packages. When a birthday approaches, I buy another roll or two just to make sure we have tape on hand. I must have 40 rolls of the sticky staple in the house... I just can't find a single one!

I have no clue what we use it on, we wrap in gift bags, I never see anything held together with transparent stickiness. My kids need it all the time but never for a decipherable reason. Everytime I hear "where's the tape?" a prickle runs up my back climaxing in a dull pain at the base of my skull and I dread the next 45 minutes. It's always imperative and never found. 

My domestic Bliss today is actually found away from home, at my office. We don't have a single use for scotch tape in financial services but I've put a roll in my desk. This way, when someone at home asks "where's the tape?" I always know where a roll exists!

Spend some moment everyday in reflection of gratitude and happiness. Even if the time found is standing in line for coffee...use is wisely.


Michelle


Did this post brighten your day? make you smile? If so I'd be ever so grateful if you shared it on Facebook or Twitter. Someone else might be in need of a smile - Thanks!