Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tuesday Food-day

The inaugural Tuesday Foodday post! I'm going to have to work on the title, it sounds like it should rhyme better.

I had planned on a post expressing my extreme pleasure of making Danish pastries this past weekend, the event, the time and the helpers were all targets of my gratitude.

Then my food friend showed up at work this morning and handed me the Food & Drink magazine available free through our local Liqueur Stores. I was delighted! Not only with the glowing recommendation to try the Barley Risotto, but with her thoughtfulness! While she professes that it was no big deal, (claiming her frequent visits to the establishment meant she didn't go out of her way) it was to me. I've been feeling a little out of sorts these last few days and well, I know that Bonnie has been too, so it was a big deal that she would think of me.  A very big gratitude to my food friend Bonnie today. You might not know it but you made my day!

I'm inspired to pass along "a Bonnie" today. I think I'm going to surprise someone today to, with a tea or a phone call or by letting them have my place in line or my parking spot close to the door...

Heck, why don't we all! Pass along 'a Bonnie' today! What will you do? What did your do? How did the recipient react? How great did you feel?

Spend some moment everyday in reflection of gratitude and happiness. Even if the time found is standing in line for coffee...use is wisely.


Michelle


Did this post brighten your day? make you smile? If so I'd be ever so grateful if you shared it on Facebook or Twitter. Someone else might be in need of a smile - Thanks!