|E-man shows off his newest prized possession|
Well it's been a whirlwind of activity. Three days, two turkeys, 7 house guests, 4 dozen carols, 3 spoiled kids, not enough pictures, 6 boxes of chocolates, 1 headache and a partridge in a pear tree.
|KJ delights in her TNA bag. If I only knew what she wants it for.|
Christmas came. I was, as usual, fully prepared in the eleventh hour. Daylight came and kids were delighted. Nothing equals the joy on their faces when they open that one gift they were hoping for. It's one of my favorite Christmas moments. Pure gratitude. Gratitude on their part that Santa came through, gratitude on mine that he managed to pick the right colour and size. There have been more than a few near misses in the past. This year was a success.
|Lula celebrates with the usual off beat humour and stuffing.|
My Twelve gifts of Christmas are gifts that I secretly plan, plant or deliver to the unsuspecting or an extra special pick for the suspecting. It's so much fun!
My Twelve Gifts
- a floral arrangement that doubled as a thank you for the wonderful couple who recommended me to my new job position.
- a food bank donation for E-man's teacher
- a book for my "son" at work.
- a food bank donation for KJ's teacher
- a candy dish for my new boss
- a gift card for E-man's big buddy. A special thank you for the extra hours and patience.
- a Cherry Blossom (possibly the best candy bar ever imagined) for a wonderful friend who I wanted to remind about her wonderfulness and the craziness of life.
- a food bank donation for each of Lula's 4 teachers (does that count as four?)
- Cinnamon buns for my neighbours
- a Children's Wish ornament for my husband's lovely boss
- Chocolates for the office ladies who make things tick.
- Special wrapping from the Stag Shop for my Secret Santa. it was totally worth the terror stricken look on my victims face. (that was actually a gift for the other people I work with).
And I received many more gifts than I was able to give.
Share What was your favorite moment of the celebrations?